Tuesday 19 February 2013

university so far

So I am one of those 'gap year-ers'; One of the people who didn't get into university the first time round (mainly due to laziness, also due to the influx of applications as tuition fees rose) but who had a second chance. I reapplied, worked for 6 months, re-sat some exams and went travelling in SE Asia. It was the best year of my life and I almost didn't make it to university. As results day came around I was accepted into Reading University to study Psychology but on the day I changed my mind and went with my heart, Speech and Language Pathology at Manchester Metropolitan University. 
Me (in the middle) and my flat mates
As MMU was my insurance choice, I didn't get into the MMU halls of residence. At the time I thought it would be the end of the world but now I realise that everything happens for a reason. I have met the two best friends I could have ever asked for, I love my course and all my course mates and I am in the best city ever (bar London) so what do I have to complain about? 

Things may not have been plain sailing for me with University but I wouldn't have it any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment